I would like to thank my parents, my friends, my laptop…
Apparently, my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award.
I had never heard of it, but after reading up on it, I found out that the Liebster is an “award” given to blogs with fewer than 200 followers (though that wasn’t in the rules for my nomination, so I’m not following that). It works much like a chain letter. Bloggers nominate other bloggers for the award. When a blogger is nominated, he must nominate others, and so on. It’s a way to discover other blogs.
Thank you to the blog 20somethings in 2013 for the nomination. In order to accept it, I must answer 11 questions posed by the blog, and then I need to nominate 11 other blogs for the award and ask them 11 questions.
1. What qualities matter most to you in a job? I need to like the job to some degree. If I’m going to spend 40+ hours a week there, I better enjoy what I’m doing.
2. What is your dream job? People asked this a lot when I was looking for a job. Probably anything where I’m writing in a journalistic manner.
3. Who are your role models? Journalists who get at the truth. Think Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein (of Watergate scandal fame). Also, the AP Stylebook.
4. What inspires you? See answer to #3.
5. What is your favorite quote? I didn’t know people had favorite quotes. How about this one: “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the universe,” Albert Einstein. Einstein seems to know everything.
6. If you could travel 10 years back in time, what advice would you give yourself? That would make me 11 years old. Start eating hummus. It tastes delicious.
7. What special or unusual skills do you have? I can write quickly, and I speak French. But I cannot write French quickly.
8. What is your greatest achievement? I don’t know if this is my greatest achievement, but finding a job within two months after graduation is a recent achievement.
9. What is the most unexpected fact you’ve learned from your job search? I suppose this isn’t unexpected, but my job search reinforced that there are very few openings for traditional reporter jobs at newspapers. I applied to almost 100 jobs in the Atlanta area, and I didn’t find a single opening in this category.
10. What are your best qualities? I don’t like drama or playing games. If there is something to be done, just do it — like Nike says.
11. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? An actress with curly hair like me, though I can’t think of someone specific off the top of my head.
Now, these are my nominees for the Liebster Award.
3. le pirate
Nominees, tell me 11 facts about yourself.